Sunday, February 18, 2024

An Ode From My Daughter

 

With my eldest daughter’s permission, I wanted to share this excellent poem she wrote two days ago for a school English essay. It is untitled, and I present it the way it was written, with minor grammatical correction. I enjoyed this very much, and I hope you do as well. God bless!

Sleep soundly tonight, my child, lest you linger too long on tragedy and what all the world has borne.

Or at least lay quietly in bed, and converse with the Lord.

When you ask Him, “Will you be here with the morning light?” He’ll answer, “I’ll be here all through the night. You could never count the stars above, but just know they don’t exceed My love, an endless loop to keep you safe, and to wrap your wounded body in My grace.”

But when my eyes are blind and my heart is numb, and I hear the bell toll for when the devil comes, will I know you’re there? Will I feel Your hands? I need to know I haven’t lost Your care.

“Listen child, there is nowhere you can run, where the devil whispers, there I’ll come, and I’ll cast away his façade, and when I’ve caught you in My wings and hold you tight this I’ll sing: Rest deeply during this night, and in the morning find your path and take flight, spread your wings, O child of Mine, for I delight in you, and in My name you still have songs to write.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," 2nd Timothy 3:16.

My wife and I welcome comments to our Blog. We believe that everyone deserves to voice their insight or opinion on a topic. Vulgar commentary will not be posted.

Thank you and God bless!

Joshua 24:15