Friday, April 4, 2014

Ode to Mother

On this, the fourth day of the fourth month in 2014, I am writing my 400th post. I just felt desirous to note this due to the overwhelming presence of 4's involved. That being said, I would like to dedicate this milestone post (for me) to my mother, whose birthday it is today.

My mother raised me by herself relatively in the middle of nowhere some miles outside of Cloquet, Minnesota. We were poor, and things were hard for a count of years, but she was a true soldier of Christ, providing for her children no matter the cost and often going without when times became very strained. She has a spiritual fabric woven from adversity, draped on her, in my opinion, as a diadem by our Lord for her willingness to suffer want and loss for the sake of others.

I have taken away much from her, and still treasure (and learn from) our shared conversations, and it is with great pleasure to wish her a happy birthday. God willing, let there be many more to come, for my children could benefit from the proven character and strong will of a godly woman who is running her race. I am privileged to be called the son of my mother. So this post is for Sherri, my mother and in many ways from my youth up, my mentor. I can empathize with Timothy, who had a godly mother and grandmother that raised him in the way of the Lord. For that above all other things, thank you, mother.

Praise God for His excellent choice in giving us time with you, and that you could see your grandchildren growing up. I love you, and happy birthday! Ian

1 comment:

  1. A godly mother is such a blessing. As Proverbs 31:28-31 says, "Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."

    ReplyDelete

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," 2nd Timothy 3:16.

My wife and I welcome comments to our Blog. We believe that everyone deserves to voice their insight or opinion on a topic. Vulgar commentary will not be posted.

Thank you and God bless!

Joshua 24:15